Monday, October 25, 2010

Meanwhile, Fannie Mae got busy!

Fannie Mae headquarters. Niiiice.
Hey, if all our efforts to reinstate my mother-in-law's mortgage with BofA fall through, can she move in with you?

In earlier posts, I've talked about Bank of America's apparent inability to do anything. That's how they roll. Fannie Mae's not like that. They get busy!
When the aforementioned game of Hot Potato dumped me into Fannie Mae's lap, they refused to deal with me until I got a bunch of paperwork filled out, emailed, and then waited 2 days for it to be processed.

While I was waiting for the 48 hours to pass, Fannie Mae didn't waste any time, and contracted with an asset management company called Green River, who in turn contracted with a very unfortunate real estate agent in Coos Bay, who showed up on my mother-in-law's house to evict her.
Poor gal, they told her the house was vacant. Poor gal, she wasn't quite prepared for the yelling and screaming and wailing that came from my mother-in-law, or her renters (an 85 year old on oxygen in a wheelchair and her sweetheart) next door who were also being victimized in this tragedy.

She practically threw her card at Margaret, and skedaddled out of there. Later, when I called this poor gal, she told me that she felt awful about this part of her job, and never wanted to go back to that house ever again, didn't want to be involved in inflicting that kind of stress and torture on people. I don't blame her. It's like having blood on your hands, and who wants that?

No comments:

Post a Comment