Sunday, November 7, 2010

RipOff Report!

Just so you know, here's how one Bank of America customer in Fort Mill, South Carolina feels about her bank.


I switched to Bank of America in July as they were supposed to refinance my house. I switched both business and personal accounts. WRONG move. I clearly asked them how long my checks would be held on new accounts. They said two days. Well checks started to be held 2 but really four days. Five day holds meant seven and seven day holds were actually 10 days.

After we discovered we were being hit with fees. I contacted the bank manager on a specific check asking when it would go through. He urged me to get it cashed at Wachovia and then deposit cash. I walked over to Wachovia and they couldn't cash it because it was a Vanguard account. I walked it back over to bofaand they said that Wachovia should have cashed it. Then I told them I was stuck it was now past 2:00 and my money still wasn't in the bank. They said they would make half available and would keep the cuttoff open till three. The other half of the money would be avaible Thursday. Thursday we wrote checks and they bounced. Money wasn't in till Friday.

I went back to ask them why and they said it was because it was after 2:00. I then told them they said they would hold any checks that were presented and they didn't. I was hit with major fees. I just found out the sent not an NSF to our vendors but a noticed we had made out checks without having money in the bank. I have been hit with enormous overdraft fees. I am now losing our creditablity with our vendors and I am sitting on a $8000 check currently that I tried to present, but they said they wouldn't credit myaccount with it for 7( really 10) days, because it was a home equity check from a client. The home equity account through Charles Swab bank verified the funds, but they still said it would be 7 days. Tell me what to do this is ruining me, my family and my business.

Alice
Fort Mill, South Carolina
U.S.A.
I totally ripped this off from www.ripoffreport.com. Figured they wouldn't mind. Keep up the good fight, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment