Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dear Bank of America, nobody really likes you.


It's not just me. 
Yeah, that's a bold statement.
But I have scientific proof on my side.
I googled "Bank of America stole my house" and found oodles of websites just like this one, dedicated to not liking you. Like this one at www.pissedoffconsumer.com

"My mortgage salseman (an employee of Countrywide) stole the title to my house and an additional 50k in cash. I have been litigating him, his employer Countrywide, and their new owner Bank of America for 2 years. I have spent over 100k on my attorney who quit after I ran out. BofA refuses to settle and I will be representing myself against them Dec
21st. They claim that despite the fact that an employee (verified) did this within thier offices, and despite three other signing off on the paperwork, they have no responsibility or liability.  See my site and CALL and FAX the numbers- only a week left!     www.bofaexposed.com"

Then I found this at the Huffington Post:

PITTSBURGH — A Pittsburgh-area woman is suing Bank of America, claiming it wrongfully repossessed her home and saying that a bank contractor trashed the house and took her parrot.

Forty-six-year-old Angela Iannelli sued Bank of America in Allegheny County on Monday. She claims her mortgage payments were on time when the contractor damaged furniture, took her pet parrot and padlocked the door to her Allison Park home in October.

Bank of America declined to comment. The suit seeks unspecified damages.
Iannelli's attorney says she suffered irreparable emotional damage and is afraid to set foot in the house. The lawsuit says she eventually regained possession of the bird, named Luke, after repeated phone calls to the bank.


So then I googled "I love Bank of America" and I found plenty of sites that mentioned this phrase, but lo and behold, and completely not a surprise to me - they were all tongue in cheek, snarky websites dedicated to pointing out how ridiculous Bank of America is. Like I Love Bank of America Even If You Don't . Then there was Bank of America SUCKS!!!! (I swear I googled "I love Bank of America, not "Bank of America SUCKS", but still, this is what I got.) I also came up with the below poll of moms. 


How do you feel about Bank of America?

  • I HATE Bank of America

    38%


  • I Love Bank of America

    17%


  • I've never dealt with Bank of America

    44%


Wow. 17%. That sucks. Just saying. 
Well, I'll be sure to let you know if anyone says anything nice about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment