Friday, June 10, 2011

A Little Behind The Times

A real estate agent from Prudential-Seaboard Realty showed up at my mother-in-law's home the other day, with a "Know Your Options" notice that she taped onto the door and then high tailed it outta there. A Know Your Options notice is when Fannie Mae has foreclosed on a home, and decides its time to capitalize on their move. So they hire what is called an Asset Management company, which in turn subcontracts out to an unfortunate real estate agent like Patti Denton in Coos Bay, Oregon to do their dirty work.
Now I don't blame poor Patti. She's probably in a situation where she can't sell a house to save her life in this awful market, but if you can capitalize in kicking people out of their homes, cleaning up the mess, changing the locks and selling it for Fannie Mae, well...at least you can eat.
Well, I do blame Patti a little bit. But it's only because she's a faithful servant, carrying out her ill-informed marching orders from what she claims to be Fannie Mae.
So Patti came to the home...and then of course the shit hit the fan.
Because Fannie Mae doesn't own this property.
If you're a follower of this blog, then you may remember that last August, Fannie Mae investigated the improper foreclosure on my mother-in-law's home, deemed that it was huge bungle on Bank of America's part, and approved a recision of the foreclosure. They gave it back to Bank of America, and closed it out of their system.
Then for two months I worked with Bank of America to try to get them to reinstate the mortgage, so that my mother-in-law could start giving them money every month again.
In November, right after BofA halted foreclosures nationally, they quit returning my phone calls. I waited patiently for another 7 months. During that time we received no calls, no correspondence, no nuthin' from nobody. Until Patti showed up on Monday, June 6, 2011.
She had a document prepared one year ago showing that the home was in the hands of Fannie Mae. I told her she was behind the times, and had old, outdated info. She told me to prove it. I told her Bank of America refused, because in their opinion, the actual customer is considered 'a third party' and they don't have to share that information.
I called Fannie Mae, asking for proof. They said they'd open another investigation. They told me that their system showed the home had been transferred back to Bank of America. So where did this real estate agent really get her marching orders from? In our initial conversation, the real estate agent had given me a phone number for her supposed supervisor, and a name: Jeffrey Aiken. She said he was an attorney. I called the number, it was disconnected. The man I spoke to at Fannie Mae said I really needed to get in touch with the Oregon Attorney General's office.
And that's when things got really interesting, real quick-like.
Hey, I gotta go take a call from the Attorney General's Chief of Staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment